Miss Peri Lyons' observations on:love,culture, ghosts, love, celebrity, psychic ability and how to get it, fashion, boys, girls,cats, artists, love, and anything else that wanders by.
What is an Ampelopsis? To quote Lord Peter Wimsey: "An ampelopsis is a suburban plant that climbs by suction."
(Speaking of which, everything here is copywright-ed 2012 immediately.)
The Universe is very big, and very mysterious. There are some scientists, however, who claim it only looks mysterious because it's far away. And because it's very very dark. These scientists claim that the Universe is not actually full of Mystery: that it's actually just full of Math, and is only pretending to be Mysterious, because it didn't get good grades in calculus.. They also claim that the Universe is five hundred thousand billion years old*, whereas the Universe claims to be 39.
As I am a professional mystic, the Universe has revealed some of its deepest, darkest secrets to me. Now, for the first time, The Universe's REAL secrets...REVEALED.
Here are a few of the Universe's most closely guarded secrets:
1) The Universe wet the bed until it was 5 million years old.
2) The Universe's favorite game is "Worlds With Friends".
3) Occasionally, the Universe, giggling madly, will spell out really dirty words across the sky, using leftover stars. So far? No one's noticed.
4) The Universe occasionally whispers, the following phrase to itself: "Hey--"I'm a ME-niverse!"
5) The Universe likes toast. But it's hard to get it delivered. More often than not, it arrives either stone cold ? or too far in the future, to eat.
6) The Universe thinks Saturn is, frankly, a little pompous. The rings? A little showy. A little too.."moderne". Yes...Saturn's up to something, the Universe thinks. -But what??
7) The Universe watches every TV show ever, all the time. It thinks 1950's game show host Bill Cullen is what every human looks like. It approves.
8) The Universe has many secrets. One time, it fell asleep and some galaxies went sideways. It put them back but The Universe really hopes the duct tape, holds.
9) The Universe hums Mozart every Wednesday morning. It listens to NPR, but millions of years too late.
10) The Universe knows your home address, and wants to send you brownies. But somehow? It never finds the time.
"Good nigh"t, says the Universe. "I have told you some secrets. Now turn off the Hubble for a day or two, so I can take a shower."
xoxo pl 2012
* The age of the Universe is another Mystery. I solved this one quite easily, by the simple expedient of Making It Up. -Shut up, it's Quantum.