13 May 2011

new song/lyrics "HERE."

here.
(the song of the happier woman )  (love, gratitude and Goodbye)
       c Peri Lyons/Valley Cottage Music 2011



You asked me to write you a happy love song
I said, I didn't know how
You laughed and told me that I was just wrong
  Because YOU were loving me now

this is the song, the one that you asked for then
I'm sorry that it took a year
this is the song about leaving the past back then
For what is already here
You taught me love can be stronger than fear:
You showed me love that was simple and clear
Too bad you're no longer here

It doesn't matter the way that things ended:
Protecting each other with lies.
Love doesn't die- but it can be suspended,
To make human room for the role of surprise.

I can't say I loved you much after you vanished.
I can't say forgiveness was part of my plan;
God I felt angry, abandoned and banished-
An angel who'd fallen with no place to land

But somehow, in all this,I knew you were wise
And that didn't change with the seasons.
love gave me the power to see through your eyes:
Love doesn't have to explain all its reasons

this is the song, the one that you asked for then-
Sorry that it took a year,
this is the song about leaving the past back then
For what is already here.
You taught me love can be stronger than fear
You showed me truth can be simple and clear
Too bad you're no longer here

But you will always be here laughing;
The way that we laughed when we got that kitten-
The way that I cried as when you gave me that ring.
And this is the happiest song that I've written:
This is the happiest I've been for years
Though it might be hard to tell through these tears

this is the song, the one you that asked for then
Sorry that it took a year
I've finally learned about leaving the past back then
Trusting what's lovely and here.
You taught me love can be stronger than fear;
You showed me truth can be simple and clear-
And so you will always be here.

If I never see you
You'll always be here.


peri lyons 5/15/11

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Knowing you then and now, and seeing you the happiest I've EVER seen you, I think you need to make that clearer in this song. Are you saying "thank you for being the channel for an eternal truth but I love the truth and don't need the teacher anymore?" Or what.

Anonymous said...

I think you need to be more explicit in answering why it took a year. You wonderfully acknowledge the past and the present, but not so much the time or difficulty it may take to process the past that has led to your present happiness.

Peri said...

I can't say I loved you much after you vanished
I can't say forgiveness was part of my plan
God I felt angry, abandoned and banished
An angel who'd fallen with no place to land
[OR: a refugee exiled from her native land]

like that? And thank you very much for such helpful feedback. Very insightful. xxooo

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.